burfi


Have you seen my other blog - Burfila - ?

16 November 2005

harmless

have you ever heard these kind of dialogues:-

edward: duel! before sunset!!! and i will transform your to smithereens
jack: done, smithereens, my ass

please pay attention to the closing phrase by jack. most of us use some such phrase in maybe different contexts but for same desired effect.

so what are these phrases:-

when we are with brothers-in-arms: @#$% :D
when there are girls in company: aisi ki taisi ;)

but do we ever use any such phrase when home and with folks? i today realised that we do use a phrase which could be labeled a substitute.

"gadhe ki puch"

incredible as it may sound, but somehow it struck me today after all these years. and now examples:-

me - "i am the most hygienic and clean person in this household"
sib - "you and clean!?! gadhe ki puch"

me - "do you know how popular i am in college with girls?!"
sib - "shakal dekhi hai, gadhe ki puch popular"

now, since the time it struck me, i am in this dilemma if i should persist using this phrase which sound harmless and at the same time let me enjoy the pleasure satanic verses bring or should drop it and bask in the glory of not using any invective (at home).

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home