burfi


Have you seen my other blog - Burfila - ?

27 October 2005

old crap

i should not be writing this post. for 3 reasons:-

1. i have explained these things to myself and made myself understand these things earlier.
2. my friend would be angry.
3. i am exposing myself and i absolutely hate it if not abhor it.


don't expect and don't ask why especially a girl. because these things make u weak. make u, as prashant says, emotionally dependent and then the dependence bites you.
i am training myself not to expect. i mean i would expect to touch a chic but would not expect myself to expect her to feel for me. i mean it would be an incentive if she does but i would treat that absolutely as an incentive because if i do and if she don't then it would bite.

now after all the waste crap that i have blurted above, i would list the advantages:-

1. makes me a better person, "in-control" and thus the ideal bachelor (emotionally at least) ;)
2. makes me a less-hurt person
3. makes me a popular person :D:D (somehow derived from advantage number 1 - but this one has some naughty connotations :D:D)

12 Comments:

  • Ok I'm totally confused.
    Or maybe I'm too sleepy to understand what you wrote.
    No I think I'll go with confused...

    By Blogger Casablanca, at October 27, 2005 9:48 PM  

  • oh we'd all wish we were strong and "detatched" etc.. but at the end of the day, we're all big, sloppy wussies who make the same mistakes over and over again and still make them the next time.

    By Blogger the cowlick, at October 27, 2005 10:15 PM  

  • @casa - cmon casa, u cant be confused, u r my poet... if u wont understand this then who would?

    @cow - i wont ask why but why? ;) :D :(

    By Blogger burf, at October 27, 2005 11:34 PM  

  • Makes more sense this morning, guess I really was sleepy last nite ;o

    And yes, I disagree. Being emotionless doesnt make anyone a 'better' person. It just gives you this pseudo-macho feel.

    What's wrong with expectation? Yea they arent always met... so what? I am not gonna stop living life, experiencing emotions and falling in love, just coz it sometimes hurt.

    Sorry for being so strong about this, but I've tried this detachment etc and it doesnt work. Just doesnt. Alteast for me.

    *Its better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all*

    By Blogger Casablanca, at October 28, 2005 7:34 AM  

  • @casa - hmmm... point noted

    By Blogger burf, at October 28, 2005 10:24 AM  

  • well i to some how agree with casa but even that can backfire at times...the only thing i wd mention here right now is that this post if it applies at all applies to both men and women,it may be difficult for the men to fathom bu tthey at times too are guilty of making someone depend on them emotionally...its a universal thing...and regarding expectations...they are good as long as they dont become tooo heavy to carry for urself and for the other person...more for urself tushar....aur baaki tumse toh me baad mein baat karoongi ....nobody is angry..:-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 28, 2005 3:30 PM  

  • oh gawd alone knows.. or maybe even he doesn't (*rolls eyes*) we just love to fuck up.

    By Blogger the cowlick, at October 28, 2005 4:17 PM  

  • yaa true i am increasingly beginning to suspect if even God knows!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 28, 2005 5:32 PM  

  • @neha - okie

    @cow - lol, we love to... right?

    By Blogger burf, at October 28, 2005 5:34 PM  

  • ok, even i was confused. had to read twice. makes a little sense to me now but i think i'm still not too sure.
    got the gist of the whole thing though.
    it seemed like the perfect example of the kind of RC passages my teacher tells us to read.:)

    By Blogger Richa, at October 28, 2005 7:39 PM  

  • balance of both wd work for me....being detached and..as Casa mentions...Its better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all*

    By Blogger alice, at October 28, 2005 8:39 PM  

  • detachment is hard to get attached to.trying still to detach myself from attachment.
    what say?

    By Blogger xtremely_insane, at October 28, 2005 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home